Am I eligible to take part?
To be eligible for this year’s Turing study abroad opportunities, students should be:
- Registered as a student at SWC and currently studying a course relevant to the study abroad programme you are applying for.
- Available to travel abroad on the dates specified for the study programme you are applying for.
- 18+ years of age at the time of travel.
- Able to meet the government entry requirements for travel to the destination you are expressing interest in (please visit www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice for more information).
Preference will also be given to students who have not previously in a study abroad experience through the Turing Scheme. The Turing Scheme encourages the participation of learners from disadvantaged backgrounds and certain groups that are considered underrepresented in international placements. This information will be collected in your application to support the assessment and selection process.
Why take part?
Studying overseas gives you the opportunity to make new friends, experience another culture and discover new ways of looking at your subject.
Quantity Surveyor, Eilis Blee, a graduate from South West College's Construction Engineering and Management degree recently took part on the college's exchange programme with Penn State in Pittsburgh and offered this testimonial on the experience:
'Getting the chance to study in America for 3 weeks in Penn State, Pittsburgh was a once in a life time opportunity. From start to end the trip was enjoyable and engaging. We got to see different perspectives on sustainability within Construction and Passive House which is being increasingly important. We also got time to ourselves to explore the City and attend events such as Baseball Games. I believe taking part in this course will positively benefit my career and has sparked an interest for sustainability in construction and the environment.'
What does the programme include and costs?
SWC will administer the Turing funding on behalf of students, and it will be used to cover the following costs:
- Course costs
- Return flights and airport transfers
- Breakfast and lunches on course days
- Cultural or educational trips planned as part of the programme
Students may receive an additional grant to help cover the general costs of living while they are abroad such as evening meals, local transport, and social activities. This is subject to the programme cost listed above and will vary depending on the destination.
Next Steps – Apply Now!
To express interest in this opportunity, complete the short application form by WEDNESDAY 1ST FEBRUARY 2023 @ 5PM
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com