Privacy & Data Protection
At South West College we are strongly committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data, in whatever form that information is held. We will ensure your personal data is properly safeguarded and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively referred to as Data Protection Legislation).
From 1 January 2005 the Freedom of Information Act provides members of the public with new rights of access to recorded information held by public authorities, including Universities. These rights are, however, subject to a range of exemptions that aim to preserve confidentiality or to serve the public interest and allow the South West College to withhold information.
The Act gives applicants two new rights: -
- to be told whether it holds information of the description specified in the request and, if that is the case,
- to have the information communicated to them, subject to specific exemptions.
The intention is to promote greater openness and accountability and serve the public interest with a move to increased transparency in how organisations operate and carry out their responsibilities.
- All requests received and enquiries are to be referred to the South West College Freedom of Information Officer in the first instance.
- Most enquiries and requests should be easily dealt with.
- All staff should be aware of our new duties.
- Familiarise yourself with the South West College’s Publication Scheme.
For further information you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the publication scheme document below.
You can view your rights and obligations on the links below: